How to Make Hair Protein Treatment

Friday, November 12, 2010

How to treat a perm burn?

So, you've got a fresh perm and your edges are laid down but your scalp is screaming for relief. Sorry but sounds  like you may be a victim of perm burn. So, now what? Don't worry it isn't the end of the world.
Although, it will feel like it if you use hair products with alcohol on your hair and scalp. A perm burn on top of hair products containing alcohol is definitely a no no. Spraying these products directly on irritated scalp can inflict serious pain and scalp injury.

How to treat the perm burn.
I personally treat my perm burns by placing hydro-cortisone 1% cream on the irritated area 1-3 times a day. Hydro-cortisone provides a little relief for inflammatory skin conditions. Although, I personally use this 2-3 days and then I allow my scalp to heal itself naturally.


What to do if a Scalp forms a scab?
If a scab forms in hair do not pick or scrap it or spray oil, gel or hair mousse in the sore. This will not only cause healing of the scalp to be delayed but create a welcome mat for bacteria and hair fungus on the scalp. Perm burns may take a few weeks, a month or longer for the scalp to heal depending on the severity of perm burn. So, be patient and don't panic and keep harsh chemicals such as hair dye and perm chemicals off the scalp. Also, try not to pull forcefully at the wound while combing or styling your hair.
 

2 comments:

  1. Nice post, Thank you for sharing valuable information. I enjoyed reading this post. Please Feel Free to Visit haute her tips

    ReplyDelete
  2. FINALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUSESI thought my life had nothing to offer anymore because life became meaningless to me because I had Herpes virus, the symptoms became very severe and bold and made my family run from and abandoned me so they won't get infected. I gave up everything, my hope, dreams,vision and job because the doctor told me there's no cure. I consumed so many drugs but they never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me making it worse. I was doing some research online someday when I Came across testimonies of some people of how DR Ebhota Cured them from Herpes, I never believed at first and thought it was a joke but later decided to contact him on the details provided and when I messaged him we talked and he sent me his herbal medicine and told me to go for a test after two weeks. Within 7 days of medication the symptoms disappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold IT was negative by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you DR Ebhota because I forever owe you my life and I'll keep on telling the world about you. If you are going through the same situation worry no more and contact him via email  drebhotasolution@gmail. com or WhatsApp him via +2348089535482.he also special on curing 1. HIV/AIDS2. HERPES 3. CANCER 4.ALS 5. HEPATITIS B 6.DIABETES 7. HUMAN PAPILLOMA VIRUS DISEASE(HPV)8. ALZHEIMER 9. LUPUS (Lupus Vulgaris or Lupus Erythematosus

    ReplyDelete